Saturday, October 23, 2010

mission: impossible...ring in a haystack


needle in a haystack... try a RING in a haystack. yup. it happened to me..

I work with kids and on thursday we went to the pumpkin patch in richmond. after picking pumpkins, we took them over to the hay area to have our usual hay fight. during the hay fight, my left hand felt a little different and when i looked down...MY...RING..WAS...GONE!!!

it was by far the scariest moment of my life. it was completely surreal, stuff like this only happens on tv, people! i immediately told my friend/coworker M that i lost it, THANK GOODNESS she kept me calm. we asked the parents and people there to help out, which some immediately started doing. it's really nice to see that people are willing to help out a total stranger. texted HTB, who was not happy about the 5:30am aussie time wake up but this was SERIOUS!

one parent, who was there with his kids told me i should probably get a metal detector. GREAT IDEA! we searched for a while but i had to drive the kids back to our center so they could have lunch and go to class. after i dropped off the kids, i went to go rent a metal detector at A&B tool rental which was right by work (THANKS A for looking it up!!)

Let me say. i was a little skeptical but at this point i was desperate. the poor guy helping me at a&b must have thought i was insane. i was literally covered in hay. hay was in my hair, hay was on my hoodie and hay sticking to my lulus. a crazy woman.

drove back to the pumpkin patch and 2 of my friends met me there to help. every time that thing beeped we were on our hands and knees. the thing even beeped for juice boxes (i found 2)!! 15 minutes go by and things didn't look good but i sweep it over the area where i thought i lost it and it starts beeping a lot! S, me and a random lady start digging.......... BINGO. S finds it!!!!!!

phew. insanely happy. relief. insanely happy. o.m.g. so happy.

needless to say i was ecstatic. sigh.

funniest thing that happened during this traumatic event: one of my kinders saying to her friend in a very serious voice "we have to find pauline's marrying ring or she'll have to marry someone else". awwww....

moral of this story:
loose fitting engagement rings and large areas of loose hay are NOT friends.

with my new bff, inspector gadget, right after i found my ring

this girl has learned this lesson and will not be within 5 feet of hay. EVER.

2 comments:

Rica said...

OMG that is soo scary! I'm so glad you found it!

Danielle's Blog said...

im glad you found it!! : ) i freaked out when i thought i lost it in the bridal room at the restaurant. it was actually at home haha.